Industrial Parks & Foreign Trade Zone #227
The Ardmore Development Authority owns and operates industrial parks in and near Ardmore, for business relocation and expansion. In addition, a number of individual parcels are available along Interstate 35 – the primary north/south artery from Minneapolis to San Antonio.
Due to expansion and anticipated growth, a number of industrial, warehouse, and office buildings are also available in the Ardmore area. View the complete list of available land, sites, and buildings.
|Permit approval times
|Certificate of occupancy
|Source: Ardmore Development Authority
Foreign Trade Zone #227
Foreign Trade Zone #227 is comprised of three sites located in Ardmore, Oklahoma and Durant, Oklahoma. In Ardmore, the Ardmore Industrial Airpark and Westport Industrial Park are the two locations within the FTZ. Located a one-hour drive from both Oklahoma City and Dallas, FTZ #227 gives occupants access to both markets.
What is a Foreign Trade Zone?
A Foreign Trade Zone is a secured area of land within the boundaries of the United States but considered outside of U.S. Customs Territory. When foreign merchandise enters the FTZ it is considered to be in the international market which means that normal U.S. Customs entry procedures do no apply.
There are many business-related advantages for locating within a Foreign Trade Zone, including:
- Duty Exemption. No duties on or quota charges on re-exports.
- Duty Deferral. Customs duties and federal excise tax deferred on imports.
- Inverted Tariff. In situations where zone production results in a finished product that has a lower duty rate than the rates on foreign inputs (inverted tariff), the finished products may be entered at the duty rate that applies to its condition as it leaves the zone (requires prior authorization).
- Logistical Benefits. Companies using FTZ procedures may have access to streamlined customs procedures (e.g. “weekly entry” or “direct delivery”).
- Other Benefits. Foreign goods and domestic goods held for export are exempt from state/local inventory taxes. FTZ status may also make a site eligible for state/local benefits which are unrelated to the FTZ Act.
For more information on Foreign Trade Zone 227, please visit the REI Oklahoma or call Sherry Harlin or James Harrington at 800-658-2823.